PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
Our physical site is only open during limited sales hours. Please do not come outside of our hours of operations. See below on page for covid-19 protocols while shopping.
We are now CLOSED until 2023. See you then!
Visit the home page of this website for details on when/how to shop with us!
5877 FOURTH LINE
(map farther down this page)
We are closed until spring 2023
Click on the icons below to see what we do year-round on social media!
UPDATE FOR SHOPPING DURING COVID-19
GENERAL GUIDELINES as of April, 2022 for SHOPPING AT TROUT LILY
What to consider before you head out to shop with us
If shopping with us at The Guelph Farmers Market - please be prepared to follow their own on-site policies, not determined by Trout Lily
ON FARM SHOPPING - see homepage for hours of operations - more information below
● our farm sales area is sometimes a set of tables outside on a grassy field, so please dress accordingly - including footwear - and check the weather. Masks are requested, not required, to shop on site.
There is no reliable bathroom facility for customers on site. Plan accordingly.
● please check/refresh browser for the website before you head out. In the case of severely inclement weather, we may need to close on short notice. Our site is rural and we may move sales into a greenhouse OR close in the case of extreme weather at our discretion. Thank you in advance for understanding. We may lose power and internet access during severe weather and not be able to update our website, so please use your judgement during storms.
● please come prepared with more than one option for payment (cash, debit, credit, e-transfer, cheque if needed). We can process most debit, credit and cash but sometimes we lose the connection to process cards as a rural site.
We do not take pre-orders for retail shopping. We will make exceptions in the case of accessibility wherein our sales area cannot be used by a customer
● if you feel unwell, are waiting for covid test results, have tested positive in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone feeling unwell, please wait and come on another week in the interest of our community & staff safety. We greatly appreciate it.
● If you can sanitize your hands before coming to our site, please do so. We request, but do not currently require, that you wear a mask while shopping with us. We will have sanitizer available on site.
Thank you for understanding if our systems change in the interest of public health and safety in the meantime.
What to expect when you arrive
● please follow signs past house and barn, and park near our greenhouses, allowing for others to drive in/out. We are not set up for lots of vehicles so please drive/park kindly. Please come toward the outdoors shopping area (to the right of the greenhouses) and wait for your turn. If there's a line, join it at a distance of 2 meters
● we will let you know when to begin shopping, thank you for waiting. In 2021, customer wait times were less than 15 minutes typically, if any wait time at all, but at certain times much longer. Plan accordingly.
● please shop in a timely manor, allowing 2 meters space for others, and only touching the items you will purchase today. You may also select seed package at the end of your seedling selection
● preferred payment is cash or debit
lastly, we are a rural work site on rented facilities - so please stay in the shopping area only and do not wander the property. It is a safety and privacy issue. Thanks for understanding